Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday



Handsome Family: Tin Foil

[out of print]

This post honors rockrobster23 for listening to "Handsome Family radio" on last.fm. Its probably somewhere south of "Radiohead radio" in terms of popularity, but full of surprises, like yesterday's feature, Jim White.

Remember when Skylab fell? Remember Evel Knievel? It's all here in the lead track off of Invisible Hands, released in 1997 by Chicago's leading neo-traditional folk rockers: Handsome Family.

Discuss...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, first visit and I'm getting mentioned on the front page...I'm flattered.

Handsome Family is a recent discovery for me. I heard "So Much Wine" and the lyrics just ripped my heart out, so I sought out more.

Hadn't heard this one before--I like it.

Anonymous said...

We love our visitors here (if they leave a comment).

A lot of times, the comments from the previous day help pick the song for the next day.

So thanks for stopping by!