Friday, May 9, 2008

2:42 - Peoples' Parties (Live)



Joni Mitchell: Peoples' Parties (Live)

[purchase]

I figure since Joni Mitchell is the Godmother of this blog, she should be represented when she has a song that matches the week's theme. Peoples' Parties only clocks in at 2:15 on the Court And Spark album, but on Joni's double-Live CD, Miles of Aisles, it clocks in at exactly 2:42. (There is some cheering at the end of the track, though. I hope that's not cheating.)

I've always loved this song, particularly because it describes most of the parties that I've ever been to. Also, Joni's disposition matches mine, "... coming to peoples parties / Fumbling deaf dumb and blind". I also love her description of the beautiful woman who gets all of the attention:

Photo Beauty gets attention
Then her eye paint's running down
She's got a rose in her teeth
And a lampshade crown
One minute she's so happy
Then she's crying on someone's knee
Saying laughing and crying
You know it's the same release


I think I know that girl!

0 comments: