Friday, May 16, 2008

Next Week's Theme: Little Black Book



The theme for Sunday, May 19 through Saturday, May 24 will be Little Black Book.

What is that you say?

Well, it's Scott's way of describing songs having for their title a woman's name, and only a woman's name. E.g., "Michelle" would be permitted but "My Michelle" would not qualify.

SMM News: Star Maker Machine is now listed on The Hype Machine. Who Hoo! And please welcome new author Brendan K, whose website is Neon Hustle.

As always, if you have any questions, statements, or new theme ideas, please add a comment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh shit - my theme? That means I've gotta participate! (more than I did this week, at least.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think for my images all week I'm just going to use random pictures of women from google image searching my song titles. (not dirty - get your mind out of the gutter - just friendly faces.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brendan K. Now that we are majority name-holders at SMM I think maybe we need to start a Brendan Alliance, like on reality shows.

perfect timing i was just singing a girl's name last night.

Brendan said...

Brendan- totally. When was the last time you outnumbered people with another Brendan? We'll own this place inside of a month.

Clarification- are we doing just love/roamnce songs (black book material), or just any song whatsoever with just a single? I've got a couple, but they sure ain't love songs...

Anonymous said...

Any song with a woman's name in for the title.

No romance required.

I love Scott's idea about using pictures of random women. Let's make that a requirement.

Anonymous said...

Just kidding about the picture thing being a "requirement." It's just a good idea, but we aren't sticklers for rules here.