Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Boats: Dribcots Space Boat



[purchase]

Joe Meek & The Blue Men: Dribcots Space Boat

His story is so interesting that I don't know what to tell you about Joe Meek. I'll save some details should you be waiting for this documentary or the upcoming biopic, Telstar. But I will tell you that he was an astoundingly gifted and ingenious producer - one of England's first independent record producers - and also tone deaf. He firmly believed in life in outer space, culminating in his experimental, instrumental masterwork I Hear A New World.

Though Meek is best known for his more conventional hits like Have I The Right and Telstar, there was always something a little otherworldly shimmering in all of the music he recorded. As Jello Biafra says "you can tell a Joe Meek record a mile away."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have stolen my copyright image of Joe Meek from another web site. You are instructed to either remove it or to apply to me at the address below for a licence to reproduce it.

Be aware that my images of Joe Meek are registered with the US Copyright Office.

Clive Bubley
__________________________________
Clive Bubley Communications
59 The Vale
Golders Green
London
NW11 8SE

Tel: +44 (0)20 8455 8208
Fax: +44 (0)20 8458 7329
e-mail: clive(at)bubley.co.uk

boyhowdy said...

Just FYI for other readers: the image seems to have been changed from what it once was, (I'm assuming) as per the above request.

Anonymous said...

yah i changed it, thanks boyhowdy.

Anonymous said...

Clive Bubley strikes again ?

Check out the blog at:

www.myspace.com/maliceinsunderland

for more examples of his tireless crusade.