Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Horns: An Alternate Viewpoint


I like to try and approach things from a slightly different angle. I think from my few contributions on this site you can tell one of my favorite things to do is research a song and tell it's story instead of just talking about the song. When I saw this weeks theme I almost just skipped it. Nothing jumped right to mind. Then, after marinating on it for a couple of days the fog cleared and I realized what this theme needed...an alternate point of view.

SONG
Pronunciation: \ˈsŋ\ Function: noun
1: a short musical composition of words and music b: a collection of such compositions

So...you have a theme of horns, a music blog and football season starting next week. Why rack my brain looking for some Motown classic featuring horns? There is an element of music out there where the horn, instead of being an accent piece or a bit player, is the main man....the electric guitar if you will....the NCAA Marching Band.

So, in honor of the NCAA and NFL football seasons being right around the corner I am featuring the greatest college football fight song ever (granted, i may be a little biased) and some other's that I like. I hope y'all enjoy it.

The Best:
Florida State Seminole Marching Chiefs - War Chant

The Rest:
The Miami Hurricanes Fight Song
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish Fight Song
Alabama's Roll Tide Roll
Tennessee's Rocky Top
Michigan's Hail To The Victors

The NFL's Theme Song

[purchase]

(from Autopsy IV of ninebullets.net)

blog comments powered by Disqus