Sunday, September 14, 2008

Clothes: Pink Triangle

Weezer: Pink Triangle

[purchase]

Well... I thought I'd go ahead and get the obligatory Weezer post out of the way and put up "Undone (The Sweater Song)." Then, I thought I'd go a different way.

"Pink Triangle" is from Weezer's oft-overlooked 1996 album Pinkerton... my favorite Weezer album. Pinkerton was Weezer's ambitious and extremely personal followup to their self-titled debut. Although the album has become a cult favorite, it generally got mixed reviews and was a bit of a commercial failure. "Pink Triangle," the third song released from the album, was actually the band's least successful single.

The story of the song is simple. Guy meets girl. Guy falls for girl. Guy envisions a future with girl involving marriage, children, and white picket fences. Guy sees pink triangle patch on girl's sleeve. Guy is broken-hearted. Her clothes gave her away.

blog comments powered by Disqus