Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Work: The Old Figurehead Carver


Gordon Bok: The Old Figurehead Carver

[purchase]

When I was in high school, I had a good friend who introduced me to many wonderful folk artists. His knowledge was much deeper than mine ever became, so I heard of but never heard Gordon Bok. That didn’t change until I discovered Kat’s wonderful blog, [Keep the Coffee Coming] . So, with this post, I would like to thank Kat for turning me on to so much wonderful folk music.

“The Old Figurehead Carver” is a change of pace, compared to the other songs posted as I write this: here is a man who loves his work and feels fulfilled by it. Incidentally, Gordon Bok knows what he is talking about in this song: Bok is not only a folk musician, but also a wood carver.

Note: if you are concerned about bit rates, be aware that Kat posts all of her songs at 32 kps. I still recommend you make Coffee a regular stop, even if you get the songs elsewhere. If you don’t know what bit rates are, please disregard this note.

blog comments powered by Disqus