Thursday, January 1, 2009

In Memoriam: LeRoi Moore

Dave Matthews Band: Best of What's Around

[purchase]

I attended college in the mid-to-late 1990's when the Dave Matthews Band were at their creative peak. As such, they became my favorite band during those years. I went to at least one concert every summer, bought every official live release, traded live concert recordings with other fans, and was a very active member of the message boards at nancies.org (a site that I still miss greatly).

Anyway... Saxophone player LeRoi Moore, a founding member of the DMB passed away in August as a result of an ATV accident in June at his farm in Virginia. I wrote of Moore's passing over at my own site shortly after his death. I think I said every thing I wanted to say there... so I'll just let that post speak for itself. I've reactivated the song links there as well as adding another song here from 1994's Under the Table and Dreaming.

Here's the link to what I wrote about LeRoi Moore back in August.

blog comments powered by Disqus