Monday, November 9, 2009

Name Droppers: Name Droppin'

Ray Wylie Hubbard: Name Droppin'

[purchase]

Here's a good old fashioned country-blues stomp courtesy of Ray Wylie Hubbard.

In this song Hubbard introduces us to some Austin music luminaries... namely Jon Dee Graham, Darcy Deaville, Scrappy Jud Newcomb, Mary Gauthier, and Mambo John Treanor.

Jon Dee Graham and Mary Gauthier are two of my favorites, but I'll admit to not being overly familiar with the others. I've been doing some listening, however, as I write this. I'm now convinced more than ever that Austin is a truly magical place that I must visit again someday.

If you take nothing else from this song... always remember these words.

"If you got a mind to, you can sing.
If you got a body, baby, shake that thing!"

blog comments powered by Disqus