Sunday, January 24, 2010

Live: Mr. Blue



Joni Mitchell Mr. Blue

See her live
Buy other Live Joni music

I love live music, so I'm predicting that this will be one of the best weeks in Star Maker history. As a fan of the site, I'm really looking forward to it.

One of the great things about live music is that the fans get to know the artists a little better. We get to see behind the mask of the polished studio recordings to the artists underneath. There are mistakes, stories, explanations, jams, and monologues. It's real, it can be quite personal, and it's always so much more fun than anything recorded on multiple tracks.

For the life of me I can't recall where I got this song, but it's beautiful, as is most everything Joni does. What I like most about this track is that we get to hear a little about the way she wrote these lyrics and which ones she likes the most. At the end, after the song ends, we also get a taste of her playful sense of humor.

Joni is not currently touring, so the first link above will allow you to add her as a favorite on Ticketmaster. That way if she ever comes near you, you'll know it. The second link will lead you to her first live album.

blog comments powered by Disqus