Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin Go Bragh: Snakes/Mná na hEireann


Susan McKeown: Snakes/Mná na hEireann

[purchase]

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all - wishing you beer and shamrocks and corned beef and cabbage, oh my!

I have written of Susan McKeown before - she is from Dublin, Ireland and, although I do not consider myself a fan of traditional Celtic music, her style is more contemporary... and there's just something about her rich voice, layered phrasing/instrumentation and mysterious lyrics that captivate me...

The song Snakes weaves together vivid imagery of desire... plus, the lyric "gone where the goblins go" makes me think of Ding Dong!, The Witch is Dead - I also love the Gaelic chanting at the end...

I chose this photo because Susan is wearing a green sweater - Erin Go Bragh!

blog comments powered by Disqus