Saturday, August 7, 2010

Me Last: Björk x 2


Björk: Come To Me

[purchase]


Björk: Army Of Me

[purchase]

I've adored Björk ever since I saw the video for Play Dead seventeen years ago. Depressing how time files, ain't it? I instantly fell in love with her (and it's still one of the top ten song I've ever heard) and that powerful initial reaction is most likely the main reason I still prefer Björk's early stuff over her latter works.

Yup, I'm gonna be an irritating "I like the early stuff better" grouch. I'm all for following your heart, ignoring people's expecations and doing whatever the hell you want, but as much as I respect Björk and her unique take on music there's a big part of me that just wants another Debut, or a Post or if we're really lucky: another Here Today, Tomorrow Next Week. Hell, even another Telegram would be sweet.

But that's never going to happen, Björk is one of those rare artists that never looks back, a truly admirable trait. But I wish she would. Just once. Please? For old times' sake?

blog comments powered by Disqus