Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sleepsongs: (Last Night) I Didn't Get to Sleep at All

Insomnia

The 5th Dimension: (Last Night) I Didn't Get to Sleep at All

[purchase]

Are all of us SMMers nocturnal? Let me add my vote to the night owl category. Add the fact that I'm a female of a certain age notorious for sleeplessness. I sing this song wa-a-ay too much for my liking.

The 5th Dimension was an American pop vocal group that had many noteworthy hits in the late 60s and 70s. One key to their success was choosing some of the best songwriters of the day---Jimmy Webb, Burt Bacharach & Hal David, Ashford & Simpson, Neil Sedaka, and especially Laura Nyro. They had more hits of Nyro's songs that she did herself. Just goes to show, if you start with the best you can't go wrong.

blog comments powered by Disqus