Monday, July 11, 2011

Album Cover Art: Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass – Whipped Cream and Other Delights


Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass: Whipped Cream

[purchase] – but if you can't find it at a yard sale, you're not trying.

You knew someone would have to post this one.

My family owned an actual stereo in 1965 with approximately seven LPs to play upon it. Like nearly all of America, we had this very popular album in our meager collection. I remember staring at the cover in fascination, trying to work out how they got all that whipped cream all over that lady (I found out later, it's shaving cream), and why they didn't manage to completely cover up her boob while they were at it…Okay, I was 9, and a girl, so that's almost as far as my imagination went. Any other thoughts I'll just keep to myself.

The title track was written by New Orleans musician/producer/writer Allen Toussaint. If you're old enough, you might remember it from The Dating Game, when the bachelorettes were introduced.

blog comments powered by Disqus